Saturday, April 22, 2017

Just Another Day

Somedays it feels like getting up and out of bed is a highly overrated activity.  Yesterday was one of those days, and darn it, so is today. Without going into painful detail, for days such as these, I have come to rely on a small cornucopia of medications on my night table, within reach so that I can take what I need.

Yes, it is true that I have to take a caffeine tablet to wake up sufficiently to walk to the Keurig and to make my first cup of coffee.  Yesterday it was all about trying to sort laundry and pick up after the dogs without screaming. Even the medications were not really helping, and I ended up doing what can only be described as a half-assed job.  My feelings on the matter are that a half-ass is better than no-ass-at-all.

Today is barely better, despite reaping the benefits of last night's tai chi class. I was supposed to go out to see one of my nieces today, and unfortunately that isn't going to happen. If I had a nickel for every time I had to turn down or back out of a social event, well ... I would have a lot of nickels. Throw in the number of times I've had to leave early and there you have it. Lots of nickels. I don't get nickels.  They are too big, too heavy, and too clumsy to carry around in a wallet. I always try to use them up at fast-food drive-throughs, but when I least suspect it, they find their way back into my wallet. My purse is heavy enough as is.  Who wants to shlep around a handful of nickels?  Not me, my friends, not me.

So here I am, limping through the world of unfolded laundry and messy floors and all the usual household stuff I usually don't mind attending to (at least since I retired), knowing full well and good that my nerve endings will begin punishing me even before my tasks are done.

There will be no cooking today, as my fridge is full.  There will be no recipes today, as I have neither the time nor fortitude to type one up, and besides, it occurred to me that most of you would not appreciate my recipe for Chicken Paw Fricassee.



No comments:

Post a Comment