Thursday, February 25, 2016

You Must Remember This

Spain and Mexico have crept back into my audience stats, trying to kick France and the Ukraine to the curb. Hola, mis amigos! Como estan ustedes? Las familias, estan bien? I love the Spanish language. I've only been studying it since 1964, with the sincere hope that one day I will achieve something approaching fluency. The bad part about retiring is that I lost my daily opportunity to practice my Spanish language skills. Damn. Wait, let me peek out la ventana - uh oh, el cielo esta nublado, muy nublado. Damn again. I hope it doesn't rain, it's Wednesday which is Prince spaghetti day and also my midweek run to the therapist. (I wonder if Wednesday is still the day that spaghetti with meat sauce and English muffin pizzas are served on all the public school lunch menus in New York's Nassau County? I hope so - consistency is critical to what remains of my mental health, not that I expect to be purchasing lunch inside the sadly rundown halls of Lawrence High School anytime in the near future.)


Speaking of ancient history, it happens to be February 24th as I am writing this, and so I would like to wish a happy 62nd birthday to Dr. Elliot Morris, New York pediatrician and my baby brother. If you know me, then you already know my sibling sad tale of woe, and if you don't know me personally, it's just a lot of drama drama drama. The reasonable, I've-got-a-bachelors-degree-in-psychology part of me has been trying to make things right for a very long time. But even I can't fix everything although I will probably die trying.


Happy birthday, kiddo. I hope you enjoyed your day. Heck, I hope you've enjoyed your life.

Outside of my weekly visit to the Cafe Americain, my plans for today involved more black coffee and more laundry, and more knitting. My bathroom vanity has been declared Project Zero of the Long-Term-Not-Going-To-Freak-Out-About-It-Projects. Life has a purpose. Tomorrow will be about Trivago and phone calls and Pacific Standard Time, but I'm getting ahead of myself so let's stop right here.  Coffee. Laundry. Knitting. Oh yeah, clean up after pets. Clean up after humans in kitchen. Happy Wednesday. Happy Birthday.

I haven't had to cook these last few days, although I did put together a salad for Cory and heated up some frozen Michelangelo's eggplant Parmesan. I love eggplant Parmesan, I just don't love to cook it from scratch. I do feel a little bit guilty, but just a little.


Since this will be posted on the 25th, I want to wish a very happy birthday to my friend Mark. Old friends are the best friends. Enjoy your day!


1970 was a very good year for making friends at SUNY New Paltz. 


No comments:

Post a Comment