Thursday, November 17, 2016

Perspective

Yes, I'm sore from Tuesday's spectacularly graceless slip and fall.  Even worse, fibromyalgia, that miserable m*therf*cker, has joined forces with the Donald "Orange You Glad You Voted For Me" Trump to send every nerve ending in my body into High Alert. I am in extraordinary pain, both physical and emotional, to the point that I cannot get out of bed. I missed breakfast and I'm on my way to missing lunch. My pets have all realized that I am not going to make it downstairs and with the exception of Chelsea, who is still glued to my side as usual, have all returned to keep me company in my second-story Fortress of Solitude.

This post is going to be short, I'm afraid; I'm having trouble staying awake even though I have yet to take so much as a single Advil, much less a muscle relaxer. As I am typing this, I keep drifting off to sleep and the iPad keeps slipping off my lap. Let's face it, I'm one hot mess.

But before you send me your much-appreciated love and prayers, I'm going to ask you to please redirect all that positive energy to someone who needs it even more than I do.

I have a good and dear friend, from my earliest days as an attorney here in Osceola County, who has been battling cancer for too many years. Her strength is amazing, in fact it is inspiring. Unfortunately this week she had a bad scan and this morning got the terrible news that the cancer had spread again. My heart hurts for her and for her family, especially her children. That's all I'm going to say, out of respect for their privacy.

I would be honored if you would send those prayers that you intended for me over in her direction. You may already be praying for her, but even if you don't know her name, please pray for Cindy's friend to beat her cancer yet again.  I am absolutely certain that God will sort things out and know who you are praying for. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart ❤️


Some more photos of the Asian-inspired sliders, under construction and as completed:








No comments:

Post a Comment