Things I learned on this trip:
- Never ever ever order any sort of Thai dish from the menu.
- I can make my traditional toast to Bethe and Maurice with a Mai Tai as easily as with a Cosmopolitan. Either way, I'm still going to cry.
- I can and will feel motion sick on the 4 mile tender trip from ship to shore. Best to leave the wristbands on.
- Never try to make major adjustments to happy pills or neuropathy medication while on a vacation.
- There is no longer a good reason to get off the ship in Belize or Isla Roatan.
- My taste in music was canalized in the seventies. Disco will never die.
- I can wear a baseball cap now. Baseball caps are cool.
- Never add mussels to your seafood newburg (and as a side note to Carnival, doing so does not then transform it into bouillabaisse.)
- I am always going to run out of Cheesy Puffs, no matter how carefully I pack.
I am coming home to more doctor appointments and a mini-procedure this week, so expect the usual degree of kvetching and complaining. Complaint Numero Uno: We just ran out of gas despite the gauges indicating we had enough to drive another 16 miles. This does not bode well for the rest of the week.