Thursday, June 16, 2011

Knit Happens

If I was a less experienced knitter, I would be tearing my hair out right about now.  But a lesson well-learned over the past almost 50 years is that "knit happens."

Now I'm no mathematical genius, but I do know that a hexagon has six points, like the Star of David, and six sides.  Therefore, if the object I am knitting is designed to be a hexagon, but instead resembles an air shot of the headquarters for the United States Department of Defense, then I can only conclude that "knit happened", and I am going to have to frog the whole darn thing.


The good news is, nobody died and it gives me something to blog about.  The bad news is ... well, there is no bad news.  I am a process knitter, so having to frog and start over is just part of the process.  I had only gotten as far as round seven, just enough to consider it practice rather than failure.  UPDATE:  I frogged it (rip it, rip it), and started over.  Looking good, if I say so myself.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, but there sure is such a thing as a free book.  Me lurves Kindle.  Yes, some of the books are overpriced, especially when they are just released, but I can wait for those prices to come down out of the stratosphere while I am reading stuff I got for free or darn close to free.  Who knew there were so many good mystery writers out there?  It is an embarrassment of riches is what it is.  So many great books, so little time.

I will have a little more time to read as we are off on our road trip starting this Saturday morning.  Next time I schedule two vacations that close together, someone smack me upside the head.  Having said that, I am looking forward to Worlds as I always do.  I love the road trip and love the time we spend in Arkansas.  I am excited about seeing Vickie and Family this trip, and exploring parts of her home state I'd not seen before.

But right now I've got to move it along and get to the office.  Miles to go before I sleep ...

No comments:

Post a Comment