Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mistress Crankypants - Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting


Ich bin verschroben.  Just a touch.  I have to schedule an appointment with the dentist, and that always skews my chi in the wrong direction.  I am glad to be back at my desk.  I know, I'm weird.  I am thrilled that the DCF Help Desk helped me to access my email, which was in suspended animation for several weeks after being migrated to a new domain.  The downside was that I had 29 pages of email to open and review.  That's 580 messages, in case you are counting.

So cranky I remain.  My back still hurts, a little reminder that I do not control the fibromyalgia, the fibromyalgia controls me.  The world and national news is bad, very bad.  Two police officers were ambushed in Los Angeles, fortunately no casualties, but shots were fired at them.  Two police officers were fired at in Pasco County here in Florida.  I guess it's now open season on cops.  (Are you happy, Al Sharpton?)  A case of Ebola has been confirmed in Scotland, and the Ebola cases in Sierra Leone and a few other African countries continue to rise in number.

It has been a full day since the Indonesian Airbus disappeared from the radar, and its whereabouts remain unknown (Update: debris has been found.  What a terrible word, debris).  And we know all too well what that means.  Heartbreak, agony, accusations, blaming,  unbearable emotional turmoil,  media frenzy, speculation, finger-pointing, character assassinations, management resignations, mass grieving, and multiple lawsuits.  And no proper funerals, because ... well, because.  For the families, that has to be the worst part.  God give them strength.

***********************************************************************

Yesterday I finished the triple chocolate cupcakes by adding a swirl of peanut butter frosting to each one.  Now I know the Cake Mix Doctor has stated that there is no way to fix up a tub of prepared frosting, but I respectfully beg to differ.  This was so good, I surprised myself.  I suspect that in the years since she published her first book, the product itself has been improved.  Whatever the reason, I highly recommend trying this awesome but easy peanut butter frosting.


1 - 16 oz. tub creamy vanilla frosting
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
2-3 tablespoons half and half

Stir everything together by hand until completely blended and smooth, about 1 minute.  Frost the completely cooled cupcakes using your favorite method (spoon it, smooth it, dip it, pipe it).  I used a large star tip, and instead of a pastry bag, I used a plastic freezer bag, snipping off just a small bit of one corner to make an opening for the tip.

If you want to pile the frosting nice and high on the cupcakes, double the frosting recipe.


These were very well-received by my office peeps, and that is always gratifying to hear.  Even I ate a cupcake.  Chocolate, peanut butter, and a nice cuppa coffee.  Took care of the crankiness, and once I threw two Advil into the mix, even my back felt better.

***********************************************************************


I want to wish my baby brother-in-law a very Happy Birthday.  When I first met him in 1972, he was just a kid, a senior in high school.  Now retired, recognized as highly accomplished, successful, and well-respected in his field, he is making a significant life change by pursuing an advanced degree in another discipline, all while being a great dad to three spectacular young adults.  Happy birthday, Kenny!  I know there is an angel in heaven watching after you and wishing you the same.






No comments:

Post a Comment