Friday, October 19, 2018

Fibromyalgia Friday

It all catches up to me on Friday. This Friday is no different. It took an Act of God, two different prescription medications plus a caffeine tablet, deep breathing of one essential oil, careful application of The World’s Best Pain Cream, sitting-down tai chi, and the gentle ministrations of one deeply concerned cat to get me out of bed without crying.


After such a difficult morning, I now find myself stuck on how I should color the Daleks. That should be the worst of my problems, but it is exacerbated by the fact that I dislike Daleks, almost as much as I dislike Cybermen. Maybe I’ll just ignore the damn Daleks and move on to something else, like my almost-complete cat picture.


(I also dislike most stinky cheeses, beets, beer, tattoos, swordfish, Twitter, racists, Fair Isle knitting, and Rick Scott. I won’t bore you with the rest; we all have our lists.  I think that is part of being human.)

As a whole it was a good week. Last Friday we drove to St. Augustine for a family birthday party. Saturday I had a thoroughly enjoyable tai chi class, and later that evening I watched an episode from the new season of Doctor Who. And so on with the good stuff.  Monday I completed planting my raised beds with tomatoes, peppers, peas and green beans, kale, collard and mustard greens, parsley, and romaine lettuce plus one yellow squash plant (hope springs eternal.). Being able to do the work while standing is miraculous!  My new iPad (courtesy of my Apple insurance policy) arrived in the mail, as did the Otterbox to help protect it from my ever-fumbling hands.  My son arrived safely in Boston, the Orlando Magic won their first regular season game against the Miami Heat, and I spent another lovely Thursday on a Girl’s Day Out with my mother-in-law. I discovered that dill pickle potato chips are a satisfactory substitute for the fried green tomato potato chips, which have disappeared from grocery shelves everywhere.  So mostly very good, and then came a rough Thursday night and a wicked Friday morning.

But this is my attitude: see all that good stuff in the paragraph above?  Well worth a bad day and a couple of bad hours, I think. And compared to some people, I’ve got my health. (I’ve also got vermin problems with ants, a couple of palmetto bugs the size of a teacup Yorkie, and one rotten rodent under the kitchen sink, trying to gnaw his way into a large container of cat kibble. Climate change seriously scares me, even more than the petulant pretender to the throne occupying the Oval Office. I am positively gobsmacked by Kimberly Guilfoyle’s transformation into a Stepford Sycophant.  You know, just stuff. Annoying stuff, that’s all.)

I hope your week has been at least as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment