Sunday, October 28, 2018

Pittsburgh

The worst part of yesterday’s massacre in Pittsburgh was the realization that I wasn’t surprised. Heartsick, yes. Surprised, no.

Because anti-Semitism, like racism is everywhere. It is in the fabric of American culture, the warp to the weft of freedom, democracy, and all those other high-flown words about the greatest nation on
Planet Earth.  Here is the dirty little secret of the United States: at our very foundation, we are little more than conglomeration of dirty little secrets like malignant xenophobia and sexual perversion, glazed over with a thin veneer of civility. The current Occupent of the Oval Office is entirely responsible for shredding that veneer like a Banksy painting, and by doing so, emboldening the scum of American society to act out on their worst, most evil impulses.

There is so much more that I could write but the stress of the grief and anger has triggered a fibro flair so that my brain, along with every muscle in my body, is a mess.  I need clarity to write well, and my thought processes are as clear as mud. Even as I am typing this I am losing words and the ability to string them together to form sentences. My head feels as though it is going to explode. I have to stop now.


Just one more thing - from the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of my non-Jewish friends and relatives who have publicly expressed their outrage at this anti-Semitic attack, along with their love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment