Thursday, November 26, 2015

Giving thanks for Thanksgiving

The past few days have been a whirlwind of cooking punctuated by short breaks for swallowing rather copious amounts of Advil.  I was depressed to think this might be my last Thanksgiving cooking binge, because I really felt the effects of the fibromyalgia during this one.  One year from now, who knows what sort of physical condition I will be in.

All this cooking and kitchen-cleaning has absorbed whatever time I might have had for blogging, so even though this is a cooking blog, I have no recipes to share, just some pictures. Even now, I have to crawl out of my nice, warm, supportive bed and finish my preparations before loading up the car to head over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house.









Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope your day is filled with love, family, and friends, and food to share. 

I will be spending Black Friday as I always have - at home. If you are one of those people who bring your sleeping bag so you can stake out a first-in-line spot in front of Toys R Us or Best Buy, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment