Sunday, November 1, 2015

Saturday, as usual - Ribs and Muffins

Crockpot Barbecue Pork Ribs
Carrot Muffins

Oops, I owe you a couple of recipes.

But first, today was a shopping day, as usual for a Saturday. Lowe's for garden stuff. BJ's and Publix for food and other stuff. Hundreds of dollars of stuff. Stuff to stuff into the car and then take out of the car to bring into the house and to stuff behind other stuff.  Saturday, as usual.

That would have been fine, more than enough in fact, but noooooo, I had to go outside and start messing with the garden. Did more than I should have. I'll kvetch about that tomorrow.


Here are the recipes; both of them very easy.  The recipe for Spiced Carrot Muffins is from Williams-Sonoma. These are good, but not spiced in any sense of the word.  If you like more spice add cinnamon. Rob actually like them the way they were, and so did I. We report, you decide.



Don't be freaked out by the dark green shreds - those are from the deep purple carrot I shredded along with the orange ones.


The Crockpot Barbecue Ribs is a favorite recipe of mine.  The ribs come out so tender and flavorful, you may never use the oven again. The recipe works perfectly in a 6 quart oval crockpot, cooking two racks of ribs.


This time, I tried cooking four racks of ribs in my new 8 quart crockpot.  I also used a different spice blend, as I favor my mild Jamaican Jerk Rub.  These ribs also cooked beautifully, however, if you follow my lead, you will need to reverse the position of the ribs several times so everyone gets a chance to cozy up to the heat, which emanates from the sides.  You will also need more time to finish them.


I used Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ sauce. Once they were done, I laid them out in a very large pan, poured on more sauce, and put them under the broiler BRIEFLY.


Speaking of briefly, that's today's blog post. If you didn't watch Doctor Who last night, you missed a goodie.  Good plot, good acting, and a couple of Easter eggs. Try to catch it On Demand.

Have a peaceful Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment