Monday, October 1, 2018

Two Whole Days

That’s two whole days lost to fibromyalgia. Crap.

And on the third day, I was able to get out of bed without crying. Yes, I still had to swallow certain pills, breathe in the vapors from a particular essential oil blend, and rub some pain cream on my hands and at the junctions of my neck and shoulders before attempting to remove my aging carcass from my bed.  That’s just daily reality, my new normal you might say, but there were no tears, or deep groans, or fear of putting my feet on the ground. Just a couple of well-placed profanities, and I was off to the Keurig.

Hope springs eternal that I will be able to make it to Lowe’s or Home Depot today to pick out the plants for this season’s vegetable garden.

During that 2 day hiatus I wore the same pajamas, threw up almost anything I tried to eat, and watched countless episodes of Doctor Who.  I slept a lot, too.  Napped with the cat, who has apparently quietly taken on the job of nap partner. That honor used to belong to my little girl Yorkie, Chelsea, but she crossed the Rainbow Bridge about 2 months ago. It’s interesting to watch how pets react to the loss of a sibling, and as you might imagine, I’ve had plenty of opportunity to observe that.

Anyway, I also indulged in my newest obsessions: perfecting my use of the Fish Lips Kiss heel on the sock I was knitting, and researching something called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I’m torn as to which one I should babble about.




In the meantime, I need to get a bit political. About this whole Supreme Court fiasco - perhaps the prosecutor-for-hire was correct when she stated that no prosecutor would file criminal charges against Kavanaugh, but .... wait let me put on my lawyer hat. As you might imagine, I don’t wear it much these days. But, that’s not the applicable burden of proof. Even if criminal charges can’t be filed, the victim could conceivably file a civil suit, with its much lower burden of proof.

And that’s all I’m going to say about that. For now, anyway.









No comments:

Post a Comment