Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sinking

I guess I need to make this one point, out here, about the events that have occurred in France.  As an American, I am embarrassed beyond words that neither the President nor the Vice President attended the rally.  It was wrong, so terribly wrong.

And that's all I am going to say about that.

My cooking has been erratic this past week.  Normally I am all preplanned and organized about my weekly cooking, and I mise en place like nobody's business, but this week I staggered around in a massive fibro fog, tossing frozen wings in a crockpot and shoving unfrosted cupcakes in the freezer.  I managed to throw together an edible meatloaf, but I haven't passed on the recipe because I'm not entirely sure what I did.  Fortunately, meatloaf is a most forgiving creature.

Even now, feeling a bit better, I can't be sure that come the end of my workday I will be up to more cooking.  I really want to frost those cupcakes, which are lovely and lemon and made specifically for my non-chocolate craving husband.  And I really must prepare this recipe for crockpot eggplant parmesan, as I have two perfect eggplants in the refrigerator and all the other ingredients ready to go before the eggplants collapse and grow fuzz.  I picked those eggplants most carefully and I hope they really are male eggplants, which have a lot less seeds and are therefore less bitter.  I love eggplant, but I don't always have the patience to run through a 3-part breading station and fry fry fry.  Not in the mood.  I have a headache.  This recipe is somewhat less complicated to prepare and has the added benefit of being slow-cooked in my favorite kitchen appliance.  My heart says yes, my back says "who do you think you're fooling, you old bag?"


No comments:

Post a Comment