Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Number of the Beast

How often have you heard the phrase "older and wiser?"  So often, I imagine, that you have come to believe that the one naturally follows the other.  Well, don't believe the hype.


I stand before you, the perfect example of how oxymoronic the phrase "older and wiser" can be.  Without going into details, let us just say that I allowed my enthusiasm to override my good sense.  You would think I would know better, but it seems I am fully capable at 62 of repeating the same types of errors I made at 16 and 26.  My most profuse apologies.

From the "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" Department:  So my day started out a trifle cloudy, and thanks to My Friend Fibro, my back and neck were hurting.  I also found myself facing an arduous problem at work, and had to keep chanting to myself "don't get nervous, don't get nervous."  So I didn't, and then I managed to lessen the potential for panic, and figured I could actually go out to pick up lunch.  I rarely do that anymore, but I had to move the car anyway, and I wanted another cup of coffee, so why not?  And I ordered a sandwich, because I never do that anymore, and I may never do that again:


Freaked out the regular counter girl, and I think she was relieved someone else got the job of actually filling the order.  It was a pretty good sandwich; you might even say it was a hell of a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment