Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Hanukkah to the MOTs - Espresso Fudge Cups

Saturday - I went to Tai Chi class this morning.  Me, morning, early. Ha! But I made it, and glad I did.

And then I went shopping at Walmart, stuff I really needed.  It wasn't bad at all, except when I stopped by the women's department for some slacks and tops. Almost all of the clothing there was either super-sized or junior-sized. When I finally found my current size - medium, nothing exotic - all the tops were long-sleeved.  In Florida. What???

But I'm all set now, in fact, I'm packed. I'm never packed the day before and I'm still in shock. Must be the Tai Chi. I'm not kidding. Now I can relax and enjoy our dinner at Morimoto's, assuming we can get parking at Disney Springs. And after that, the season finale of Doctor Who. And after that, the Magic are playing the Clippers in L.A. Might have to miss that, since it starts at 10 pm. Way past my bedtime.

Another recipe for you, and then that will be all for a few days.  The one thing I am absolutely not going to be doing onboard the Carnival Sensation is cook. Or bake. Hopefully I have left you with enough of a variety of cookie recipes to augment your personal Christmas cookie agenda, and have also pointed you in the direction of several excellent cookie cookbooks.

Espresso Fudge Cups

These are from Marlene Sorosky, an excellent cookbook author and food writer. They are in the same little book as the Luscious Lemon Drops, which I received as a "thank you" after making a contribution to M.A.D.D.  In September of 1991, while we were living at the Simpson Ridge apartments in Kissimmee, while our first Hunter's Creek House was being built.  I really do remember some of the oddest things. I have made these many times since then, and they are always appreciated.  I love these - chocolate and pecans and lots of butter.  Smooooooth ...

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon instant espresso or coffee granules
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
24 pecan halves

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave; stir till smooth. Let cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs. Stir in the flour, coffee powder, and sugar.  Mix well. Stir in the chopped pecans.


Line 24 mini-muffin pans with paper muffin cups. Spoon the batter into the cups, filling them almost to the top. Place a pecan half on top of each. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.  Cool for 2-3 minutes in the muffin pan, than remove the cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.


Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah, and I would like to wish all my Jewish friends a very happy, healthy holiday. Pray for peace in Israel and may another miracle happen there.  If you need a latke recipe, use the blog's search engine.  Most importantly, enjoy the company of family and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment