Thursday, December 10, 2015

Wednesday Fun Day at Sea

Happy 5th night of Hanukkah!


So I woke up this morning having a panic attack over a dissolution case I handled at least 13 years ago. I have no idea where the hell that came from - the kids are all adults now and my client is married to his third wife (I handled the divorce from Wife #1). That's all I'm going to say about that. I took my medication and hoped it would do the trick. Life is strange enough that I really don't need long-buried cases crashing through the barrier between my subconscious and my conscious.

Today is the last full day of the cruise, and we are spending it "at sea", which means we're sort of dog-paddling just off the coast of Florida.  Since we are not moving, and the sea is relatively calm, I can't explain why I had the overwhelming need to put on my anti-motion sickness wrist bands, but I did. For someone who loves to cruise as I do, motion sickness is becoming a royal pain in the tuchis.


Today is the day to do shopping and catching up on any shows we missed and eating excessively. Right now we are at the Sea Day Brunch, waiting to be served Steak and Eggs and Huevos Rancheros. The choices were wonderful, and they even have desserts on this menu.  The bread basket is beautiful - hold the steak and eggs, I could make breakfast just from the basket, with croissants, pastries, a variety of miniature muffins, and slices of quick breads. Even the coffee tastes better.


One of things I am hoping to buy, at the inch of gold sale, is a silver chain sturdy enough to hold Ira. (Warning: if you get creeped out by discussions of cremains, this is the time to skip down to the next paragraph. On second thought, you've probably figured out where I'm going with this.)


Ira was the feline love of my life, and since I lost him to advanced cancer in August of 2014, I continue to hold him close to my heart - literally. Some of his ashes are in this pendant, which I wear around my neck, suspended on the strong fabric "chain" which came with the pendant.


I have been wanting something prettier but still sturdy, and appropriate to honor my lost boy. I did buy something I like quite a bit, as does Robert, and I think Ira will like it too. I can pick it up after dinner. Photos to follow.



I haven't been writing about current events over the past few days, but that's because I am already in quite a bit of pain. Like most Americans I am frightened and angry and frustrated all at the same time. I am waiting for Donald Trump's campaign to implode, but it just doesn't seem to happen. Which says something about this country I am not sure I can easily analyze. (But please remember I said just a few weeks ago that 9/11 changed our country forever, and not for the better. You know what happened to American citizens of Japanese descent after the attack on Pearl Harbor.) We have been watching the news pretty steadily during the cruise, but it is all CNN and CNN International, and sometimes the self-righteous droning gets on my nerves. I am also tired of being scolded by this sorry excuse for a President. Your mileage may vary.

We are close enough to Florida at this point that we are again caught up in the bad weather. The ship is back to rocking and rolling and the motion sickness is just making the fibromyalgia worse.  I have been hurting quite a bit throughout, and even wholesale consumption of Advil and Zantac paired with a once-daily dose of Meloxicam is not really helping. Not even a mostly pleasant and restful vacation can stave off this pain. I am looking forward to my Tai Chi class tomorrow night; if only for a few moments, it does help me feel better.                                         

I am ready to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment