Wednesday, February 25, 2015

From chicken soup to pickle soup

Tuesday - Chicken soup for lunch, and then, we are soupless.  Never mind that the gorgeous pork, apple and sweet potato stew I made the other day is sitting in the fridge, waiting to be devoured.  Never mind that the smell of sweet cinnamon and earthy cumin emanating from that stew could drive a sane person hungry.  Then there is the rich, complex sauce contrasting perfectly with tender cubes of tasty pork ... never mind, you get the idea.  If you have not checked out the recipe for the Vaguely Mediterranean Pork, Apple and Sweet Potato Stew, I recommend you do so.  Buy a box of Near East Couscous, any flavor - I love the pine nut - and prepare it according to package directions.  Nothing easier.  Serve it with the stew, then sit back and enjoy the accolades.

In the meantime, I have to replenish my soup supply.  Once again I am planning on preparing that dill pickle soup recipe I found online.  That will require a stop at Publix, and I won't know until the end of the day if I am up to it.  Stay tuned.

I've paid little attention to the news these last few days, and just now trying to catch up.  So, did the head of the Veteran's Administration really lie about his military service?  Wasn't he hired to clean up the scandals, not create a new one?

Islamic terrorists are asking US domestic terrorists to blow up the Mall of America, and several other well-known and/or super-sized malls around the world.  The Secretary of Homeland Security is taking the threats seriously, which is more than you can say for the President.

"No boom today.  Boom tomorrow."

Ah, forget the dill pickle soup.  A very full and productive day at the office, and it's time to go home and rest.  I feel a rant coming on about kidnapped Christians in Syria, and that is going to consume some energy.  No energy left to go to Publix, and besides, I have leftover shrimp with lobster sauce in the fridge.

Not a bad day.  I worked, I napped, I knit, I had some leftover Chinese food.  I got to see Terry in the office.  She will be back full time starting Monday, which is a good thing.  I have missed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment