Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Day of the Doctor

Thursday - It's the Day of the Doctor.


No, not that Doctor.  For you non-Whovians, the gentleman with the hat is actor Sylvester McCoy, the Seventh Doctor.  Cory accidentally got the opportunity to take the photo a couple of weeks ago at the Coliseum of Comics.

I've actually got two appointments today, one with my PCP for blood test results, and one with a gastroenterologist to schedule an endoscopy and colonoscopy.  Ick.  Just knock me out and do what you've got to do.  Ick.  The colonoscopy is routine, although I've managed to avoid having one done for at least 12 years.  I hope I don't regret my lapse.  The endoscopy is to try to find out why I lost so much weight so fast this past year, which is tied to why I cannot swallow most food.

The news is depressing.  The government controls the Internet.  I don't know if that's good or bad.  Loretta Lynch is on her way to becoming Attorney General.  I don't think that's good.  The Clintons are in trouble again over donations made to the Clinton Foundation by foreign governments.  That one hurts, because I would like to see Hillary win the 2016 election.  More than 200 Christians have been kidnapped by ISIS.  Christian children are being tortured, murdered.  Why are we allowing history to repeat itself?  Where is our leadership?

I think that's all I can deal with tonight.  The endoscopy is set for the end of March; the colonoscopy will be set sometime after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment