Saturday, April 4, 2015

Mah Nishtanah - Why Is This Night Different From All Other Nights?


Good Friday, Day 23 - This year, Easter and Pesach (Passover) fall out at the same time; today is Good Friday and also the first night of Passover.  I love when that happens.  I also love that I snagged the last two boxes of egg matzo in Osceola County.  I haven't opened them yet; that first taste of Pesach matzo is special and should be saved for the start of the holiday.


This holiday weekend I am going to do my best to not think about all the medical tests and procedures of the last few weeks.  Yesterday I went for the mammogram, ultrasound, and dexascan.  I'm not worried about the dexascan, but the others - well, as you know, the lab folks generally won't discuss what they see, but one can learn a bit from body language, verbal cues, and reading upside down.  There is definitely something - several somethings - on the right side, but that was no surprise.     Both lab techs seemed concerned at what they saw.  At the very least, I see a needle biopsy in my immediate future.   I also got a phone call to come in and discuss the results of my BRCA test with my doctor.  And I already had an appointment to discuss my hormonal blood test results.  If I am lucky, she will have the official results from the ta-ta testing by then.  I am going to try real hard not to dwell on any of this until I get to talk to her.  There is nothing I can do about it between now and then, and if there is something I need to take care of, it will be after we return from the cruise. Same goes for the gastrenterology stuff.  My appointment with that doctor isn't until May 11, which I'm guessing is a good sign because his office picked the date and made the appointment for me.


The CPS is quiet right now; no pain, no brain fog.  A peaceful interlude.

Our seder at Jay and Laura's house was so very, very nice.  The stuffing I brought was well-received. Jay prepared the charoses, and Laura handled everything else, including fluffy knaidlach (matzo balls).  Delicious.  For me, however, the best part of the meal is the Hillel sandwich - charoses and horseradish on a bit of matzo.  I think that should be a little sandwich offered at an English High Tea.  Now there's an idea. We all took turns reading from the Haggadah, which relates the story of Passover and the Hebrews' escape from Egyptian slavery. I had four glasses (sips) of wine, and still managed to wield an electric knife in the Carving of the Pesach Turkey.  Life is good when you have friends with whom to share the holidays.


No cooking for me today.  I gave Woody a bath, using Dawn dishwashing liquid to help with the fleas.  Yes, Dawn.  It's safe, and it works.  I tried it on Chelsea the other night.  Both doggies are clean, flea-free (for now, anyway) and their fur is soft and silky.  Dawn - who knew?


Anyway, I have a new project to obsess over - a front yard vegetable garden!  Herbs and tomatoes and peppers and zucchini.  And herbs.  Lots of herbs.  I'm very excited about it.  Maybe strawberries. Yes, very excited. Totally clueless, but excited.

Anakin watches the world from the kitchen window

To my Jewish and Christian family and friends, I wish you all a happy, healthy, and peaceful holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment