Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Great Pretender

Oh-oh, yes I'm the great pretender
Pretending that I'm doing well
My need is such I pretend too much
I'm lonely but no one can tell
Oh-oh, yes I'm the great pretender
Adrift in a world of my own
I've played the game but to my real shame
You've left me to grieve all alone





Monday, Day 29 - Oh for crying out loud, who do I think I'm kidding?  I am in pain - full body, low level pain that is sucking up my last bit of energy.  Insane itching, fuzzy brain, left hand and arm bordering on useless from numbness and tingling, feeling crabby, and not that sweet, delicious, dip it in melted butter Alaskan King Crab, oh no. If I wasn't already on medical leave, I'd have to call in sick today. The idea that I have to get dressed and leave my room is freaking me out.  I have places to go and people to see, while all I want to do is sleep.  God knows I haven't done enough of that to count lately.

All the way across this great country of ours, in sunny California, land of nuts and berries, earthquakes and forest fires, my cousin is having rather serious surgery. I am deeply concerned and too far away to do anything about it.

Marco Rubio has announced his candidacy for the Republican presidential nominee.  That's what we need, another person with very little experience.  Admittedly a little more experience than Ted Cruz or Rand Paul, but those two are going to end up as nothing more than comic relief.


Okay, the day was tiring but productive.  I had to make multiple stops, which I hate doing, but it was the only way I was going to pick up stuff I needed.  Arnold Palmer drink mix sticks, Seabond denture wafers, Hershey's cocoa - how can it be that Target had none of these?  I finally had to stop at a CVS in Celebration (still the stupidest name for a town, which inspired other equally stupidly-named towns, like Reunion and Harmony), and a Publix near Universal Studios.  What a ride!  Most importantly, I picked up the disc containing the films from my mammogram and ultrasound, all ready for delivery to the surgeon on Wednesday.


The Magic lost to the Miami Heat.  Sadly, it doesn't seem the Heat will make it to the playoffs this year.  No home team to root for ...


I also got some photos, including this very neat residence across from the lake, and flowers in odd places (more parking lot buds.) I finally found some ducks who were willing to pose for pictures.  Well, willing may be too strong a word - they followed me back across the street to my car, with menace in their beady little eyes.  I don't know why there are no ducks along the older section of the lakeshore - they used to be in abundance there.  These ducks were sitting around the edge of the big pond in back of my office.

"Hey lady, are you lookin' at me?"

"ARE YOU LOOKIN' AT ME??"


"Let's get her, dudes!"



No comments:

Post a Comment