Sunday, April 10, 2011

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

I've been whining lately, and for that I apologize.  It is true that I am whining about important matters such as the economy and the perfidy of politicians, but after a while, it gets old.  So I'm taking a whine break today. Besides, I am too happy to whine because I finished booking our cruise.  We are really going on a real vacation on a real boat.  Woot woot!  It turns out that online booking, direct to Carnival is the way to go.  I am very pleased, at least at this point.  One of the best features is that this ship will be leaving out of Port Canaveral, right down the road a-piece. 

I was rejuvenated enough to hit up Publix for this and that, and at this point, most of my cooking is done.  That includes a new side dish I developed involving chick peas, chorizo, and tomatoes, similar to something we had last night at Bonefish Grill.  I'm always looking for something new to do with chick peas (besides salads and falafel) and this fit the bill.


Just go to the recipe blog site (click on the link in the upper left hand corner of this page) and you will find the chick pea and chorizo recipe, as well as the recipes for the whipped rutabagas with bacon and caraway, and the risotto with broccoli.  The recipes for the barbecue sauce and the ribs were posted on Saturday, April 9, or you can just click on the link.  I hope you enjoy these as much as we do.

Cook like there's nobody watching, and eat like it's heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment